This morning I’m mixing up a new recipe for deodorant, using diatomaceous earth and no baking soda.
The recipe I’m using has things weighed out in grams; I have a postal scale in ounces, and a gram-to-ounce converter chart, so I’ll use that and record what I’m doing here.
Here’s the original
- 4oz+ jar or tin
- Kitchen scale
- 30g Coconut oil = 1.05 ounces
- 20g Shea butter = .705 ounces
- 10g Carrier Oil = .352 ounces
- 10g Beeswax = .352 ounces
- 15g Arrowroot powder = .529 ounces
- 15g Diatomaceous Earth – Food Grade! = .529 ounces
- 5 drops of Vitamin E
- 20-25 drops of essential oils
And then heat a pot of water on low heat and put a glass jar inside it, and melt the ingredients in the glass jar. I used a 4-cup glass measuring cup for my glass mixing bowl.
I doubled the batch.